Friday, June 13, 2008

If Every Cloud had a Silver Lining, How would it Rain ???

The Glass has always been half empty for me, Yup I'm a pessimist, and I let it show.
When it rains im not impressed by the rainbow, I hate the humidity and the muck. For all we know rainbows form when god feels Gay and not in the Happy way.
People are either Optimists or Pessimists, and don't even get me started on those who call themselves hopeful realists, they are the pessimists masquerading as optimists, come on now who are you fooling ?
A pessimist is never disappointed Studies say people are depressed most of the times because of unfulfilled expectations. Arre Boss …when you don’t expect anything from anyone or you expect the worst, no man (or for that matter even woman) in this world can disappoint you.
When I expect the worst and it happens, I should in fact feel happy…what I predicted occurred, and do.
True optimists can often annoy me because I think they are quite stupidly naive about how mean this world really can be, its not all Wonderful day, and glorious Evening.
I don't agree with the idea that pessimists don't expect a good outcome, they just believe a good outcome is harder to achieve and not likely to just work out in the end, "Achha hai" if it does work out they are pleasantly Surprised, if not "Pata tha" , No Biggie. As they say A pessimist is either right or gets a pleasant surprise.(Its a Win-Win situation no?)
Positive thinking makes people better consumers, so advertising promotes it endlessly. You see a wider picture in negativity.
Now pessimists are thought to be whiny complainers; Reality Check; Don't be vocal and complain and you get nothing. You even gotta ask/pray to all knowing God for what you want, assuming he is there and listening. You gotta Whine in time it sure saves Nine.
Pessimism seems far more realistic to me. They may be complainers but maybe it's because they see the negatives as well as the positives and therefore acknowledge that you have to tackle the wrong as well as reap the benefits of the good, as opposed to somebody who believes things will work out all right in the end.
You Really got to be a Realist Who says the “light at the end of the tunnel” always resembles “hope”. Give a thought, why can’t it be – “the light of the oncoming train.”
And it sure as hell helps my line of work, in a patient its always better to assume the worst, and come to a diagnosis by exclusion, so you don't miss out on anything.
Now I know no one may read this post, and those who do will not agree, being a pessimist I don't care , I just write what I want without expecting anyone to read it , and speaking of expectations -----------------------------------Remember, a pessimist also expects… so what…if it’s the worst.

No comments: