Thursday, September 18, 2008

Burn Baby Burn....Kurkure Inferno...

Hello again readers.....
ReaderS ....in the plural ? Well I do like to think more than one person reads this crap that I spew forth, but really.

Anywho I'm sure all of you (There I go again pretending I have multiple readers) have received this chain mail or SMS reading "PLZ DONT EAT "KURKURE" because it contains high amount of "PLASTIC" if you don't believe then burn the "KURKURE" and see the "PLASTIC MELTING" and if you haven't yet received it, you must've been living under a rock and you surely need to get out and make more acquaintances.

First it was the Pepsi has Pesticides bullshit and now this, how stupid can we get. I even had patients asking me if Kurkure has been banned by FDA. Now Im the kind of guy who likes to have a pack of Kurkure with his Pepsi and a can of Pepsi with his pack of Kurkure. (Secret of my Health) And just couldn't have this foolishness flying round. So like the multitude of Kurkure lovers I did the inevitable - Burned a couple of 'em Kurkures to check for plastic (Bloody Waste of Good Food im telling you, but in the name of Science it had to be done.)

Here are my findings---

Yup sure as hell it burns, but I couldn't find any plastic melting nor was there any smell of burning Plastic. But it does burn..... so does it mean it has Plastic ?
Come on now people Kurkure is made of Rice meal, Corn meal, Gram meal (all full of starches) and edible Oil all of it mixed together, homogenized and dehydrated, perfect recipe to burn. Of course it gonna burn like kindling, I mean it would be a wonder if it doesn't catch flame.No ?

You don't need to be a scientist and you don't even need to see the HACCP (Hzard Analysis and Critical Control Point) Certificate which the Kurkure Processing plants in Channo(Punjab), Kolkata and Pune have to figure out that all the stuff thats, well.......inflamable..... burns... and need not have plastic in it.

Heaven only knows how this rumour originated, but the kurkure fire was sure fanned into a blazing inferno by these chain sms and mails.

I believe I have done enough Blah..Blah.. to make me look like a Kurkure salesman here. And let me clarify Kurkure (Frito Lay India ) is not paying me to promote it, though if they decide to.. it would surely be welcome.

So the next time this 'Rishi' heads off to the Himalayas he positively must pack Kurkure packs in the luggage. Its become doubley useful --- set it on fire to keep the cold off or Chomp it up to put the fire in the belly out.

'Cheers


Note -- May God grant peace to the poor kurkures burnt in the name of science.

3 comments:

Dhondiram said...

Dear Rishi ,
Only one thing to ask after your latest blog .....When are you earliest heading(or footing...I couldn't care less) to the Himalayas?The earlier the better..atleast we will be saved from reading such inane and verbose blogs.ENJOY....
Amol

Anonymous said...

Sir Rishi Sir

I vow never to eat Kurkure again. Anyways people like me could rarely afford such luxuries.

Anonymous said...

Well, leave aside the Kurkure thing.. but your comments that Pepsi contains pesticides is BS says that you live under a rock.. for sure.. go over to Down To Earth's website and educate yourself.