Monday, September 15, 2008

Ganpati Bappa Morya....'Dr. A' Pudchya Varshi Tari Ya !!!

Visarjan day is here again as Mumbai bids adieu to the Bappa amid the usual "Dhan Dhan" of Pune dhol and Nashik dhol sounds, just a thought is there a Mumbai Dhol ? Well never heard of one.

Each year on this day I used to look forward to going to Chowpatty (FYI Morya it is 5-7 mins walk form my house)just to look at the Humongous Idols in procession. It used to be fun in those days, but with the exponential grown of crowds and Hum..Humm 'Funky ass DJs' and even the 5-7 mins walk to Chowpatty taking more and more time (navigating through the sea of devotees) combined with easy viewing of the same on T.V. Live, going to Chowpatty on this day just lost its appeal. Add to that the bomb scare that happens each year, and me begin out on my luck. I just sit on my lazy, fat ass in front of the TV folding my hands reverently each time a new Ganpati Idol is seen, praying like crazy.

From the year before last (Confirmed) a new routine has been associated with this day -- That of waiting for Dr. A (a.k.a Dhondiram) to show up.

Now though I do know Newtons Law of motion (About the object at rest not moving) but still I home the Procrastinator par excellence will for once show up (Its so much fun for Lazy people like me to call others Procrastinators.)

Each year it starts with his sincierest wishes to visit Chowpatty and go Camera-Happy amongst the Ganapatis.
All the Plan of Attack for the Operation 'Bappa Photo Op' is made ready. Watches are syncronised. Routes commited to memory. The Plans are made about what time to come, how to go about the Ganpati Photo session, what time to return and sleep, how to return home. Or the ETA, NAV points, Tiem to take 5, Egress route and the time to RTB is fixed.
On my part I get my room Ready for him to sleep, get a good menu on the table.
But Alas..................the plan's Visarjan Happens even before Bappa's.

Not that he doesn't want to come the poor fellow, but seems like Bappa wont let him LOL
All those idols posed in vain, Another Ganpati Visarjan Came and went sans a good photographer to snap their photos.

All I can really say is Ganpati Bappa Morya....'Dr. A' Pudchya Varshi Tari Ya !!!

Footnote-- If you are wondering who 'Dr. A' is you need your 'Ears' Checked, or may be You can use your 'Nose' to sniff him out, or just try to use your 'Throat' to call out his name. (Wink.....Wink)


Do Check Out this Cool Video on Ganpati Visarjan

No comments: