Saturday, October 11, 2008

I got TB and More.


No, no , not the TB disease, but the good kind of TB.

I have always been Pack Rat par excellence, collecting and hoarding News Clippings, Old Ramshackle Toys, Receipts, Books, Novels, Magazines, Comics and Such, and not to mention the tons and tons of zeros and ones of downloaded data. I just compulsively and very meticulously organize and hold on to data and other bric a bracs.

Been called a Magpipe, A compulsive hoarder, pack rat or as 'Dr. Morya' gracefully puts it -- A big fat 'Ajgar' who just downloads and sits coiled tightly around it. But then again that's me.

I was pretty sure that I have been downloading like a maniac for the last 8 years or so (Right from the crawling 64 kbps gradually coming to a blazing 2 mbps), made evident by the rapid filling up of each and every new Hard Disk I buy, almost bursting apart at the seams every few months, chock full of Movies, Software, Music, e books, e comics, TV shows, Photos, and yes of course the stuff for which the internet is so infamous (Like you don't have it too.)

The Data is just all over the place now Movies have occupied 4 whole DVD stacks (of 100 each) and 2 CD stacks. That is about 500 GB +. But is that enough ????

Just got a new Hard disk today 750 GBs. Hope it last me long enough .

And just for fun though about totaling up the total storage space I have (all mostly full, by the way.)
Now, Of course I knew it would be a Big Figure, but this shocked me too.


Check Out Numbers -

PC No. 1 --- > 160 + 320 + 500 + 750 GBs

PC No 2 --- > 40 + 80 + 160 + 250 GBs

Laptop --- > 80 GBs

External Harddisk --- > 160 GBs

Flash Drives ---- > 1 + 8 GBs

CDs + DVDs ---- > 500 GBs

TOTAL COMES TO A SWEET 3009 GBs
and it is going to expand further, surely.

Heavens that's more than 3 Tera Bytes (TB)

Its a butt-load of data....... man.

Makes me really wish I was a Digital 'Ajgar' just to peacefully lie ....... Hissssssing, looped around all that data ----- Oh ! That Would Be Divine Bliss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir Rishi Sir.
You are a true B I G M A N.
I am eagerly awaiting some fresh stock.

Anonymous said...

Stop buying hdds man