Friday, May 30, 2008

Alphan..so ??

Whats the deal with people and mangoes?

Ratnagiri, Devgadh, Kesar, Batli, Langda, Payri, Rajapuri, or Hapus its just a fruit .
And why is it so hard for anyone to believe that someone cannot like mangoes? I don't hate mangoes Its just that I don't love then to the extent of eating 10 a day like my Baba, whos had mangos with chapattis for lunch and dinner and mango for desert later. The sheer obsession makes me cringe. Mango season is like Rohu season from Bengal, no one talks of anything else, or eats anything else for that matter.

After I am forced to eat one ( in my family everybody loves mangoes ..That’s cool with me but the idea that I don’t like mangoes does not register. I think their brain is not ready to process the fact that some people do not like mangoes.) Haan so after I am forced to eat one I am left with an awfully sweet taste and minute mango fibers stuck between all my teeth. And you would think that this only lasts for a few months but no we actually make pulp out of dozens of mangoes and store them frozen in little packets to be had over the year till the time Mangoes decides to come in season again, in the next year. So I have to endure the overrated fruit in one form or another (Aamras, Ambapoli, Amrakhand) year round. Methinks its this excessive obsession with mangoes that has driven me off it.



There are so many fruits, like bananas that are grace us perennially are seedless, cheap and easy to eat. While Mangoes come once a year and are hard to choose and to eat, making them doubly penalized and dont even get me started on the cost is it King of fruits or fruit for kings ?

Wish I could figure out while MAN GOES mad over MANGOES.

2 comments:

vrushali said...

WHAT?????? you dont like MANGOESSSSSS!!!!!! :O
:P :D

Anonymous said...

all these moron bloggers n their stupid blogs shld be taken down for good!!
If you dont like mangoes....its ur problem....
if the fibers get stuck in your teeth...thats again your problem..
idiots wasting net bandwidth with their rubbish ramblings

no one cares if you dont like mangoes or not!! deal with it....