Monday, May 26, 2008

Bhaiya Chaloge Kya ?

The hot sun beats down relentlessly, sapping even the last vestiges of energy already drained by making House calls to Old patients. Visions' blurring, throats' parched, heads' throbbing but I prod my self along. Even the road has softened under the heat and it burns through the soles of my shoes. I can swear a few vultures circle overhead but soon move away maybe not wanting to face the daunting task of eating through the pounds of flab that make me, me. Just as Consciousness fades I see the fruit of my perilous journey standing majestically, a row of those ships of the tarmac standing, shimmering like a row of black diamonds, and I pray to god - Let it not be a mirage.

Full of hope, and with a song in my heart I step up to the head of the row and pop the question, those magical three words ---BHAIYA CHALOGE KYA ??
Unperturbed the sleepy eyed "challak" grunts without even looking up "KHALI NAHI HAIN"
Says me "BHAIYA METER TO UP HAIN", only to be shot down "ITNE PAAS KA BHADA NAHI LETE HUM"

Now lesser mortals, dejected may walk away with slumped shoulders, but not I , for I know the "RAAZ KI BAAT" or more aptly put the "RAJ KI BAAT".

The Marathi manus in me is all agog and "Jaga" and with a "Jai Maharashtra !!!" I jump in the taxi and start in my Marathi "Salya , Tuzya Aaila @#$%, tu kay tuza bap pan yeil, $%&# chalvto ki nay gadi ?" punctuated buy a few other choice gems from my "Shuddha Marathi Shivyan Cha Sangraha" (Thanks to Friends from Girgaon for that)
The Khaki goes a shade paler from waist up, and two shades darker bellow the waist, "Haan saab , chalte hain na "
After seeing my well rehearsed "INGA" Its all smooth sailing in uneasy silence right to my doorstep, and My trained ears hear that imperceptible khaki sigh of relief; even over the loud "KHADAK" as I bang-shut the door.

I get out and toss the notes on the front seat, triumphant smile all over my face, with a burning question in my heart -- How long will this last ?

I don't really know if this recent Hullabaloo over the Uttar Bharatiyas in Mumbai (Im not that well connected to use the term Bhaiyas) is politically motivated or if it comes from a genuine concern for Mumbaikars, and i don't even know whether the methods of open confrontations and violence are right or wrong, and I frankly don't care if Lallu comes and performs Chhath pooja in Mumbai, All i know is that it seems like my transportation problems have ended.

So I really must really thank this dude Raj, for helping this poor Doctor (who cant drive) form Mumbai to Visit his patients comfortably.

Raj ki baat suno bhai sadhon,
Aisa kalyug aayega...,
Lambe Bhade bharke Udegi Taxi,
Dactar chalta jayega,
Mumbaikar chalta jayega...........



Note to Self --- Learn to Drive Jackass !!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when r u joining driving school Doc ?

janardan said...

atta boy...well done, Mr.Raj would have been proud of you...lolz