Sunday, May 25, 2008

PC with a Personality.

Back again at my 'Adda' of Solitude, in the pleasantly undemanding company of my PC, alone yet not alone.
This Collection of circuit boards and wires has strangely come to mean a lot to me throughout the years that i have known it.

Funny thing is I almost regard my PC as a person, a synthesized Life form even, with its own unique personality. Ive watched it grow and evolve from a monochromatic , stuttering and crawling 486 that barely did anything more than sit idly on my desktop grinning foolishly ..... to this lean whizzing Dual core machine that now sits in the exact same place on my desk but is capable of showing a full gamut of human emotions.

Maybe its that dual core brain that gives it all the signs and symptoms of MPD - Multiple personality disorder. The personalities are so opposed ones a goody two shoes so eager to please and the other is like a adolescent antisocial lunatic that just wont comply ( makes me wish i had paid more attention to / actually attended the Lectures of Psychiatry while studying for MBBS so that I could write more on MPD and bore You guys Further , But Alas).

Mostly it stats up bang on time does the set chores without a Huff and then goes of to sleep as set by the timer, but on a few days ,once every few months ,well it raves and rants , heats up and sleeps on its own refusing to start up or even look at me even after all my coaxing and ministrations and pleas, everything i do to please it is, well, just wrong. Married guys know what im talking about, right ? No ? -----its PMS, thats how i know my PC's a Gal.

But for all her (ya I call it a her now) mood swings and MPD apart shes a good gal at heart.
Aways stood my me through good times and bad, entertained me, educated me, helped me to make new friends & not loose old ones, fed me (http://www.cookbooks.com/) , stayed patiently quiet when asked to, perked me up when I was low. All this in return for just a few taps and clicks.

PCs might mean different thing to different people but its always been a good Friend (what else can i call it ) to me.

So sometime if u see me sitting at my PC and I suddenly begin talking to her , don't call up an ambulance, come and sit besides us and listen.
The 'Ol gal sure has some tall tales to tell ------ as they say "Khoob Jamega Rang , Jab Mil Baithenge Teen Yar ------ Aap, Main Aur Mera PC"


PC:s are PC:s

So why should it be
People Hate 'em so awfully ?

So they're different makes
And they're different breeds
And different PC:s have different needs

You tell me that you hate this
That I've done something wrong
I've only typed and up came this song.

My PC's better , My PC's fast
'Tis your bad you didn't upgrade
And now your PC comes last.

PC:s will rule the world , you'll see
Trapped in their 'Net will be humanity
Ive always been their friend hope they'll spare me.


The rambles must stop now for my stomach rumbles. Oh ! PC where would I be without Thee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the hell don't you marry Ur PC then, we can call it PC Mantri.
No wonder you dont let ayone ner it

Anonymous said...

PC = Pyaari Chamiya.