Thursday, May 29, 2008

Why I cant take a dump in peace..


A few weeks ago I was faced with what is going to be one of the most memorable (cause I just cant forget it) medical case of my medical carer, which has been a woefully short one as of now.
I was sitting at my "Adda of Solitude" as usual when I received a call form a Homeopath friend about a Patient of his with intense Pruritis Anii (Itchy Butt in layman's terms) that he wanted me to check out.
The patient arrived bang on time and was clearly in a lot of distress, I offered him a seat on which he sat but was fidgety and restless.
Here was a 45 yr old male hindu patient, staying in Mumbai hailing form Uttar Pradesh giving a history of Burning, Itching and irritation since 10 am on that very day, with no previous history any similar condition. In my mind I ran through the all the textbook causes that might cause the condition right form Local conditions such as bites and parasitic infestations to dermatitis and from hemorrhoids, fissure, fistula right to Condyloma acuminatum. But somehow nothing seemed to fit with the "From 10 am today only, never before " scenario.
Being a true Sugar pill - Homeopath my friend had not bothered to examine the site, which was now left to me.
I start examining the site and see what appearers to be some moist crusts/growths around the anus. Just as I say "Chalo Ho Gaya" and am content thinking HPV it is, a little of the crust rubs off on my glove and it feels strangely like paste. God knows why I smell it (Hold your 'Eeeuss.) It has a odour like Faeces. And then the diagnosis and solution hits me along with the disgusting stink. Bright light from heaven envelopes me as I with air of "Tumhara kalyan Ho, Balak" order him to go immediately to the loo and wash the area(Butt if you will) with Condy's solution (Nothing fancy just plain water with a crystal or two of Potassium Permangenate) saying "Abbhi sab theek ho jayega".
He comes back with a look of surprise and relief on his face, "Saab 90% jalan aur khujli chali gayee"
On further inquiry I learned that - on that same day he overslept and not wanting to get late for work rushed through this daily morning ablutions. Forgetting to wash up after clearing his bowels, the clinging 'shit' had caused all the burning and itching, a single wash and all was fine.
After giving some symptomatic treatment, and sending the contented man home I sat down to think, isn't washing up after ourselves, something each one of us does we each and every day of our lives, so much so that it becomes a conditioned reflex, I mean come on its all like clockwork water falls hand moves automatically and its all clean.
Then how can anyone forget doing something that happens without thinking ?

Try as I might I just cant forget Mr. Itchy Butt. It sure has messed up my alone time in the loo Whenever I am 'IN' all that I can think of is " I'm always in a hurry and what if I forget to wash up?"

It has completely spoilt my daily Gratifying experience (especially in the mornings) and and each bowel movement has become a moving experience for me it quite frankly has made me Paranoid (Please Excuse me, Ive Gotta flush) and now I can't take a dump in peace....

2 comments:

janardan said...

dude, that was gross......i feel totally assured now that engg. was the thing for me after XII!

Anonymous said...

Kay re salya,tuzya mule ata mala pan na dhoota baher yeychi kalji lagun rahili ahe. Nalayak Maus nusta !!!