Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Of Sugars and Spices and My new Vices.

After contemplating starting this post with a "Hello My Cherry Muffins", "My choco-chip cookies" in a la Under Honey's Hat (From HT cafe') and realizing that neither do I have a hat (or anything under it) nor am I going to be paid for witting ridiculously gossipy stuff in a even more ridiculous manner, I decided not to hold back on the verbal sugar lest you get Diabetes.

But on with the the Tale of Discovery.
It all started with my "Dost" visiting me a late evening with a blissful expression like Buddha newly enlightened. With a sigh says she " You don't know pleasure till you have a Sexy Lady". Huh ? Now we all know that don't we ? but I was concerned considering that shes somewhat of a Lady herself. "No, no you perverted ass, I mean the pastry Sexy Lady" another sigh, this time form me. Another one of my "Dosts" lost to the new Deli.
My "Bhookad" friends have been pestering me from a long time for a treat at a Deli opened up near my place, swearing by the sugary treats and the spicy lady proprietor. And I not being a very sweets person or a very sweet person, thinking about the dent in my wallet the trip would entail, put it off each time with imaginative excuses. But alas Imagination can only take you so far, after having exhausted all the possible excuses last week, I had to relent. And dammit I must admit I curious too.
A short walk and long push finds me at the counter, Greeted by the sugary smile of Spicy Mistress of Sweets and I cant help wondering about the "Sexy Ladies" (Both of them) or what smells so good the goodies or the proprietor........Ahem' .
We settle in to the seats (Are they too small or am I too big?) and wait for the Pastries to show up. "Dosts" are quiet for the first time, lost in thought, thinking about the Sexy Ladies one or the other no doubt.
Then the Ladies show up daintily dressed and 'Oh so small for the price, the "Kanjoos" in me dies a little. All eyes are at me - the sweet hater. I pick up a spoon and in it goes. Its like being punched in the mouth with flavorers I had not known existed, Oh the silky texture the smooth exterior with warm chocolaty interior, my limited voacab cant do it justice.
The Lady Herself

If they were women I would cower in the corner, unable to stop staring at them, drooling whilst disgruntled in the knowledge that such attractive ladies are seldom accompanied by anything up top. I would try to tell myself "I'm not interested in their looks. They're blatantly bimbos and I like intelligence in a lady." But in this case, they are intelligent too. They're multi-layered sponge cakes with a cherry on top. And I'm not talking about those nasty glace cherries either.You may be crying, "Pastries like this don't exist in real life! But, believe it or not, my friend, they are out there along with the truth.
The evil is unleashed, my sweet tooth buried under mounds of Chili Fries, and "Thikha Bhels" has been unearthed. Restored to its glory with the patina all scrubbed away it demands a tribute each time I visit a sweet shop. Choclolates, pastries, Mithais and the good 'ol Anant Athavle's Square sweets all go down the hatch in scores, making me fluffier by the hour.

Enough now for the sweet tooth demands another tribute.

Damn you Sexy Ladies !!!

No comments: